Hamdard Institute of Engineering & Technology – Islamabad
Hamdard Institute of Engineering and Technology (HIET) is a constituent institute of Hamdard University which came in to being with the establishment of Islamabad Campus in 2000. HIET offers the programs in bachelor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. HIET has a strong motive to disseminating knowledge in modern and emerging areas of engineering sciences and technology. The Electrical Engineering program of HIET is accredited from PEC for intake years 2007, 2008 and 2009 while accreditation process of BE (Electrical) program for intakes years 2010-2012 is under process.
Conversely, the accreditation of Computer Science program from National Computing Education Accreditation Council (NCEAC) for the intake of years 2012 and onwards is expected in near future. Our graduates are placed in higher positions both in public and private sector organizations not only in Pakistan but abroad also.
“To be a world class institution of learning and applied research in Engineering Sciences and Technology”
HIET Mission Statement
- Advance and create knowledge
- To nurture well rounded professionals having creative and entrepreneurial minds sensitive towards social responsibility, tolerance and moral values; enabling agents for growth and sustainability
- To provide innovative solutions to local and global problems
HIET Objectives & Goals
- To foster commitment, creativity and productivity in terms of distinguished undergraduate-to doctoral programs & courses and rigorous curriculum towards faculty and students enduring performance.
- Facilitate change and take necessary steps to vigorously promote entrepreneurial activities and establish research clusters, promote inter-faculty research, and establish linkage with research organizations and university other departments.
- Establish linkage with local and foreign universities for Faculty development, Student Exchange at Ph.D. level, Student Supervision at Ph.D. level, Research Group Formation and Laboratories sharing (foreign universities linkage shall extend to Ph.D. Thesis Evaluation).
- Act as catalyst for industry: academia liaison and utilize together exchange of knowledge, skills and expertise and indigenous technical competence that can effectively serve industry: academia: societal needs.
Cultivate and promote culture of ethical practices and tolerance; enabling utilize energies and efforts to serve critical needs of the society