Vision, Mission, Objectives
To strive for value-based quality higher education through creating and upholding higher standards and quality assurance in all academic activities leading to excellence in line with University’s motto “In Pursuit of Excellence”.
To facilitate University’s endeavors to keep pace with the international quality standards in terms of academic programs, pedagogy and research through planning, assessment, evaluation and on-going persuasion and monitoring.
(As set by Higher Education Commission)
- To promote public confidence that the quality and standards of the award of degrees are enhanced and safeguarded.
- To review quality standards and the quality of teaching and learning in each subject area.
- To review academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of programs.
- To define clear and explicit standards as points of reference to the reviews to be carried out.
- To develop qualifications framework by setting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected from the holder of a qualification, i.e. Bachelors, Bachelor with Honors, Master’s, M. Phil., Doctoral.
- To develop program specifications clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program.
- To develop quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities.
- To ensure that the university’s quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangement in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of higher education.
- To develop procedures for:
o Approval of new program
o Annual monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, faculty monitoring and student perceptions
o Departmental Review
o Student feedback
o Employer feedback
o Quality assurance of Master’s, M. Phil and PhD degree programs
o Subject Review
o Institutional Assessment
o Program Specifications
o Qualification Framework