Admission to the MBBS & BDS degree programmes will be on all Pakistan basis without consideration of cast, color or creed. No domicile or permanent residency certificate is required.
Students are eligible for admission interview with the following criteria:
- Matriculation (SSC) certificate or result sheet issued by the concerned Boards of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE)/ Equivalence certificate of O-Level etc, issued by the Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC).
- Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) Pre-Medical result issued by the concerned BISE/ Equivalence certificate of A-Level, American 12th grade etc, issued by the IBCC showing their marks/grades obtained in Science subjects (i.e. Biology, Chemistry and Physics/Mathematics). This is mandatory because as per the directions of Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC) the merit shall be calculated by using the marks in science subjects only of HSSC/equivalent examination.
- MDCAT result issued by PMC. Repeating candidates may use their MDCAT-2020 results; however, they must provide the score as equated by the PMC for this year in their application.
- For candidates claiming to be Haffaz-e-Quran, certificate issued by the Wafaq-ul-Madaris or comparable board in case of Pakistani candidate and relevant national authority in case of overseas Hifz-e-Quran candidate.
- Candidates with disability are required to submit Disability Certificate issued by a specialist working in a government hospital describing the nature of disability.
For the purpose of determining merit for 2021 – 2022, the scores of MDCAT academic record (Matric /FSc/ HSc) and interview will be considered and each will receive the following weightage.
- 50% HSSC or equivalent marks obtained in science subjects (i.e., Biology, Chemistry and Physics/Mathematics).
- 30% in MDCAT
- 10% SSC or equivalent
- 10 % interview
- 10 Marks of Hafiz-e-Quran (added in HSSC or equivalent marks)
Final list will be prepared after interview. In interview, aptitude and communication skills of students will be assessed.
Candidates who are admitted should possess sound mental and physical health to be able to pursue medicine/dentistry as a professional. They will be required to submit a medical fitness certificate but may be subjected to the examination by the College authority if deemed necessary.
For Foreign Students
As per the requirement of Pakistan Medical Commission, overseas students should have:
- Three science subjects: Biology & Chemistry are essential subjects. The third science subject could be Physics or Mathematics.
- A score of minimum 550 marks in each subject, (Chemistry, Biology, Physics/ Mathematics)
- A valid TOFEL & IELTS with a score of 500 or 5.5 respectively if medium of instruction is other than English.
- Has to appear in MDCAT
Process of interview will start from 15th November 2021. First merit list be displayed on 3rd January 2022. Admission will be finalized on or before 20th January 2022 to start the session on 1st February 2022.
How to Apply?
Following attested documents must be enclosed with the application form:
- A copy of MDCAT result.
- A photocopy of matriculation certificate.
- A copy of intermediate or equivalent examination mark sheet.
- A copy of certificate of Hafiz-e-Quran (if applicable)
- A copy of character certificate from head of institution last attended.
- Equivalency certificate from IBCC- Islamabad for those candidates who have obtained qualification other than intermediate (FSC/HSC)
- Six passport size photographs
Incomplete application shall not be considered.
The candidate will produce all original documents at the time of interview. If at any stage, a student is found to have taken admission in the college on temporary documents and failed to produce final document or on a fake statement or certificate, his / her admission will be cancelled without notice.
At the time of admission, all the students will be required to submit the following documents:
- Original academic certificate/degree.
- Medical fitness certificate.
- Affidavit of non-political /religious/ sectarian involvement.
- Affidavit of timely submission of fees.
- FBR certificate being filer and wealth statement.
The student will have to pay annual premium of fee insurance (company will be nominated by University).
- Transfer/Migration of student from Hamdard University to any medical or dental college is only possible after completing the first year of the respective degree programme. Transfers are permitted during the first two months of commencement of classes in the case of first-year MBBS or BDS student.
- Migration is only permitted on a vacant seat or on mutual basis with approval of both institutions involved.
- A transfer/migration fee of Rs. 100,000/= (one lac only) will be charged by Hamdard University from the student.
- Transfer/Migration is not allowed if the curriculum followed in both universities is different.
Candidates who seek to move to Hamdard University against a vacant seat must submit an application along with a NOC from the migrating