About Library HUIC
Hamdard University, Islamabad Campus maintains a central library shared by all the three institutes besides a separate Library for faculty and students of HIET functioning in HIET building.
Hamdard University maintains a multi-disciplinary library catering the needs of faculty, students, researchers and staff of the University. Digital collection is ideally suited to encourage and support both scholarly and practical research activities.
HEC Digital Library
Access Digital Library
Request Books/Ask Librarian
Request Book/Ask Librarian
Vision & Mission
Our vision is “Promoting and facilitating the culture of critical inquiry, research, scholarship, collaboration and self-directed lifelong learning”.
- Providing a stimulating, adaptable environment that facilitates the innovative and creative work of students, faculty members and research community;
- Enabling both formal and informal collaborations by connecting people who share research interests;
- Facilitating scholarly, research and academic activities for enhancing intellectual capacities of an individual and HUIC learning community;
- Anticipating and providing prompt information services, access and delivery;
- Keeping abreast with new developments and innovations in information provision;
- Ensuring the provision of quality service, consultation, and comprehensive reference services to students, faculty and other clients.
Printed Resources (Books)
The library has processed more than 10000 printed volumes. The collection covers all the major subjects i.e Pharmacy, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Management Sciences, Earth Science, Social Sciences, General books, Fictions, Pakistan Study and Reference books. In the reference section, HUIC Library has collier’s Encyclopedia World Book, British Pharmacopoeia, UPS, Grolier Business Library, famous Dictionaries and reference materials.
Materials On CDs
HUIC Library got a wide range of CDs collection in which digital books, software and other study aid material are available. Students/faculty can get their soft copy accordingly. Students can also use this material within the library premises.
Magazine & Periodicals
HUIC library is subscribing 30 research journals of the Institute of Electrical Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) and 10 other research journals/Magazines in subjects of Pharmacy and Management Sciences. Previous issues of research journals are also available in the library.
The library has subscribed a wide range of English and Urdu leading National and International newspapers. The library also maintains two-month previous record of the newspapers for reference and research purpose.
The HUIC Library provides access to the following online resources:
- More than 50,000 books (full text Locally + HEC) all subjects.
- 20 online international databases. (Full text).
- 10 million articles. (Online access).
- 23,000 journals/magazines (full text with bibliographical information).
The new arrival has been placed in front of the library circulation counter near the entrance door. The flippers/dust covers of new books are also placed on the notice board of the library.
Note: Textbooks will issue for 14 working days only and will be reissued next day.Note: visiting faculty members will draw book from library with the approval of concerned HOD (one book/per subject for 15 days).